Today's housing market is pointing in all directions to being the perfect storm for making a home purchase. High inventory, Low Prices and Low Interest rates all point to a BIG Buyers Market. So if you want to take advantage of the opportunity ....let's get started!
The first thing you will want to do is put together a great team. A team of professionals who will connect you to the best service, the best help to make the home purchase journey a great experinece.
- Connect with a great Realtor. Real estate agents come in all shapes and sizes of commitment, dedication and knowledge levels. Choose an agent that you connect well with, is professional and dedicated to educating you in making good sound decisions in the real estate process.
- Connect with a great Lender. Like real estate agents lenders come in all shapes and sizes too. You want to choose one who is great at details, has great processing systems in place and is known for getting you to the settlement table on time.
- Connect with a great home inspector. Once you have found your new home a home inspection is a must. Choose an inspector, not by the price he/she charges but by the depth of knowledge he has in inspecting a home. You want them to be able to inform you of any major issues with the home and who can help you understand the true condition of the property.
- Title Company. A title company does a multitude of things to make sure the home you are purchasing has a clear title to pass on to you so pay attention when they come highly recommended.
Ok... now that you have your team together here are a few more things to consider during your home purchase journey.
- There could be more than one perfect home out there. Yes you heard that right. Yet many buyers let homes go that would have really been perfect for their needs . Why? Because they think there will be another that will be even more perfect. Do not fall inot that trap. Consider each home you see on its own merit and when one fits your lifestyle do not let it slip away.
- Think long term. Do not think of a home as a short time investment. It is importat to think ahead as to how the home you buy now will suit you 5 years, 10 years or even longer from today.
- Do your homework. Know what is really important to you especially the non-negotiables. Are schools important, easy commute to your job? How about a first floor because of bad knees, or maybe a fenced yard for the pets? Know what is important to you and why.
- Know your limitations. If a home project to you means rearranging furniture then buying a handymans dream home because it was a great deal is really not a great deal after all. The best deal of all is when you buy the best home for the price that meets your lifestyle goals. Now thats a deal.
your expectations are in line then everything else just falls into place.
Actually its not funny at all.
Have a real estate question??
I am here to help.
Martha Brown of Long & Foster Real Estate.
320 Sixth Street
Annapolis, MD 21403